Sample Prep Automation for Contract Laboratories
Posted on January 14th, 2015
On March 17th, 18th and 19th, we will be running a series of one-day workshops entitled:
“On-line Sample Preparation for GC-MS”
The workshops will focus upon the needs and interests of analytical contract laboratories and other labs that routinely run large numbers of samples.
Recent years have seen some big changes in technology.
- Single quadrupole GC-mass specs are more sensitive than ever before.
- GC-QQQ is now a mature and stable technology, offering great gains in selectivity and signal to noise.
- The automation capabilities of the GERSTEL MultiPurpose Sampler have grown considerably.
Improved MS technology makes on-line sample preparation easier and more robust than ever, and it is now possible to do far more than just a few years ago.
Automated on-line sample preparation addresses the most expensive and error prone part of your analytical process and can simultaneously improve data quality, reduce your costs per sample, and do more with the same number of staff.
The workshops are designed to bring you up-to-date with current possibilities and to get hands-on with automated sample prep in our lab here in Cambridge.
You will learn about:
- On-line Solid Phase Extraction
- On-line Liquid-Liquid Extraction
- Automated preparation and addition of standards
The charge for the workshop will be £40 to cover the cost of lunch and materials.
Place are limited, so if you would like to attend, please contact Sue Roach on 01223 279210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.