So what is a VAR?
Posted on June 9th, 2015
Anatune is an Agilent Technologies Value-Added Reseller. If you’re not sure exactly what this means, please read on…
Value-Added Resellers (VAR) are common in many industries. A VAR is simply a company that adds features or services to an existing product, and then resells it, usually to end-users, as an integrated system, often in the form of “turn-key” solution.
A company may provide added value to a product in a number of ways:
· By adding or adapting hardware and software.
· By providing professional services such as integrating, customizing, consulting, training, implementation and support.
· By developing new applications for the product.
For example, in the information technology field, a value-added reseller might package together computer hardware, software and a customisation service to provide customers with fully functioning systems that more closely matches customers’ individual needs.
By doing this, the company has added value above the cost of the individual components of the system and customers would purchase the system from the reseller if:
1. They lacked the time, resource or experience to assemble the system themselves.
2. The cost and/or risks of doing the work themselves exceeded the cost and risk of buying a value added solution.
Anatune adds value to Agilent Technologies instrumentation in many of the ways mentioned above. We do this as follows:
· We consult with customers on the best ways of solving their problems.
· We integrate robotic sample preparation with GC and GC-MS by building systems that incorporate the GERSTEL MultiPurpose Sampler, and related products, into Agilent analytical platforms and make them work seamlessly as a single system.
· We develop new applications for these combinations of products.
· We train users and help implement solutions.
· We support these complex systems throughout their working life.
If a customer simply needs to purchase a standard instrument off-the shelf and requires a standard range of associated services, then the original manufacturer (in this case Agilent Technologies) is best placed to serve that customer.
On the other hand, when a customer needs something special, then a Value-Added Reseller is often able to provide a more complete solution.
If you are a GC or GC-MS user in the UK or Ireland, and you need your next instrument to be something special, then please call us on +44 (0)1223 279210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.