Teledyne Tekmar AutoMate-Q40 – More Info
Posted on October 17th, 2012
More information concerning the Teledyne Tekmar’s new AutoMate-Q40 sample prep workbench is becoming available and I can now provide some more details.
If you are interested in this exciting new instrument, please let me know and I will ensure that you are kept informed of developments.
The AutoMate-Q40 comes pre-programed to run the following QuEChERS methods:
- AOAC 2007.01 – Pesticide residues in food by acetonitrile extraction and partitioning with magnesium sulfate.
- EN 15662.2008 – Foods of plant origin – determination of pesticide residues using CC-MS and/or LC-MS/MS following acetonitrile extraction/partitioning and clean-up by dispersive SPE.
The instrument automates these sample prep functions:
- Liquid dispensing and pipetting
- Vortex mixing
- Vial shaking
- Opening and closing of sample vials
- Addition of solid reagents (salts, buffers, etc.)
- Identifying liquid levels
- Matrix spiking
- Dispersive solid phase clean-up
The instrument will prepare a batch of 40 samples within an 8 hour shift so it is possible to prepare two batches per 24 hours, without overtime – 80 samples in all.
6ml of final extract produced, enough to split the extract into vial-sized portions for analysis by both LC-MS and GC-MS.
Anatune and Teledyne Tekmar are working towards a UK launch in early summer 2013.
If you want to know more, please call: 01223 279 210 or email email@example.com